12 September 2026

Another New To Me Hobby :-)

 Hello crafting friends.  I know that Diamond Painting has been around for a few years now, but I just did not think that I had the patience required to spend hours placing little gems in a row to create a picture.  Having said that, I have seen some AMAZING art work done by some of you that I absolutely WOW about, but I always thought that it wasn't for me. Well, I saw these Halloween decorations on Amazon, and having just the right place in the house for them, I thought I would give it a try.  They will go perfectly with the rest of my Halloween decor which I put out on the very first day of October 👻🎃




I loved working on them!!!  Now, bear in mind that they are not an entire row by row canvas, just a few gems to fill in an image.  Honestly, I still don't think I would enjoy doing a large canvas, but with these much smaller ones, I'm having fun.  These are 10" x 10" acrylic suncatchers.  I'm having so much, that I ordered a few Christmas "Pearl Painting" ones.  I've completed one and I can honestly say that it was as much fun as these ones. I will share them once I'm finished "painting" them.

As I mentioned above, these are actually suncatchers, but I have the 2" slatted blinds on all the windows in my home.  These blinds diminish the suncatcher effect as you get dark stripes, across the picture, 2" apart from each other.  I think that hanging them up on my light painted wall makes them pop beautifully. The colour of my wall is actually somewhere between the top pic and the two bottom ones.  Not sure why taking a pic of both changed the wall colour.

Well, friends, that is all I have to share with you today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back soon.

Crafty hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me some bloggie love!

Please note that this is a public blog. If you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. More about the Data Protection Privacy can be found on the side bar.