06 August 2026

New to me Hobby

 Hello everyone.  I have not made cards in a bit and that is because I'm having so much fun with book nooks.  I'm totally hooked on building these things.  I find it so fun and relaxing.  Such a feeling of accomplishment watching it grow as you put all the pieces together.



Pics don't do it justice.  There are so many intricate details that you just can't see from the photo.  This is the first one I ever build, but I'm on my third one already and loving it. This one is called Romantic Venice by Rolife. I'll take pics of the others and share them with you in another post.  One is for Christmas and the other for Halloween.

Interesting story - my son's girlfriend was the first one to build one of these.  My daughter and I loved it but I thought, at the time, that the pieces were just too tiny I would not have the patience to build one.  Well, my daughter got herself one and got hooked.  After seeing all her pretty ones, she's built over 10 of them, I thought I would try my hand at it and so I got one for my birthday, which was back in March. It took me this long to give it a try and I have to admit that I'm having loads of fun!!!  My son's girlfriend, the one who started it all, built one and thought "never again" 😂  She build hers but didn't really enjoy it.  Isn't it funny how things work out?

Let me know in a comment below whether you have tried to build one of these and how you feel about it :-)

Cheers for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me some bloggie love!

Please note that this is a public blog. If you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. More about the Data Protection Privacy can be found on the side bar.