Hello everyone and welcome back. While cleaning up some craft supplies, I found this pretty paper from Marianne Designs called Country Flowers.
After rummaging through my dies, I thought this Slatted & Eclipse Oval die from Divinity Designs would work well and so I went to work.
I never get tired of this slatted look. It's so subtle but makes a pretty paper really stand out.
I normally cut out the slatted shape 3 times using thick cardstock. Then I adhere each layer to each other using liquid glue. I find that these 3 layers plus the pretty paper layer gives it enough height without adding too much bulk. This is especially important when you mail cards overseas. Anything thicker than 1/4" requires additional postage.
On the inside, I used the following products:
Stampabilities - Elegant Happy Birthday
VersaFine Clair Inks - Shady Lane
eK punches - photo corners
And that was a quick and easy birthday card done. It doesn't show on the pic, but I did add a couple of small lilac butterflies to the inside just to add a little more interest and to match the front of the card.
See you again soon.
Hugs,




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me some bloggie love!
Please note that this is a public blog. If you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog. More about the Data Protection Privacy can be found on the side bar.